I actually sewed this quilt top at about this time last year...then I got the bright idea that I would hand tie the quilt. So I did. And I didn't like the result. So then I ripped it all out and decided I could try to machine quilt it myself. So I did (part of it). And I didn't like the result. So a couple of weeks ago I sat down on a Friday night and ripped all of that out. Then the next day I took it to my long arm quilter. Love the result. While we were out of the house for the great bathroom remodel (staying at the in-laws) I hand-sewed the binding on. After pulling it out of the wash/dryer I was smitten. I love it.
So simple. But the medium stipple stitching with the rows of multiple different moda fabrics (from a jelly roll) with a simple cream/tan damask border is quite striking in person. The photos really do not do this quilt justice.