Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post-turkey frenzy

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with lots of good food and time with family and/or friends. We had a wonderful holiday. It is hard to believe but this is the first Thanksgiving I have been able to celebrate with my family in 3 years! I am usually always the one on call on Thanksgiving Day...so this year being surrounded by those I love was an extra special treat. Plus, we had a huge Wii-fest after the turkey...it was great fun.

Since then, it has been a flurry of activity here at my house. I did venture out for a while on Black Friday (though I did not go to the mall...that place was a zoo!) to visit the sales at Jo-Ann's, Michaels and A.C. Moore to pick up some supplies for the many projects that I must finish before Christmas. Then, yesterday afternoon we went to pick out our Christmas tree - our annual day-after-Thanksgiving tradition. Gosh, does it make our house smell fantastic! We are letting the branches settle out and then we will decorate the tree this afternoon/evening.

All the while, between running errands all day yesterday we managed to clean more of our upstairs office and my studio, hang all the Christmas lights outside and start winterizing the back yard (more on that later...what we found during that adventure deserves a post of it's own). DH even made delicious pasta for dinner!

Well, I'm off to start working on a new advent calendar for us. I only have 2 days to finish it!

No comments: