Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goodness gracious great balls of yarn...

I'm smitten.

One of my Christmas gifts from DH was this yarn ball winder. It can all be summed up in 2 words. It rocks! No more frustration of winding balls of yarn by hand and no more tangles. Just neat, easy to work with little yarn balls made on this nifty little gadget in mere minutes.

I just love it. I took this leftover skein of yarn...

...and turned it into this in 2 minutes flat.
And...it is so fun to use. Now, I want to buy more yarn. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I put the ball winder and the little umbrella-looking yarn holder on a wish list once, except the ball winder was out of stock. So my well-meaning parents got me the umbrella thing, but no winder! Doh!

Radioactive Tori said...

Be careful with that thought about wanting more yarn! I always seem to be thinking that and end up with way more yarn than I could ever possibly knit!

I need the swift (umbrella thing) because I have the winder...too bad Goddess in Progress and I don't know each other because we would be set!

Kathi D said...

You need the swift, too, if you don't have it, because then you are REALLY rocking!

I love the nice little flat balls that come out of that winder. And I love being able to say at the yarn store, "No, you don't need to wind it for me."

Adrienne said...

Oh my. I sooo need one of those. I am having some serious yarn issues right now. My end and begining strand keep getting tangled. Only way to remedy is to unwind the whole thing ... arg. This is going to be a short scarf I think!