Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mark another off the to-sew list...or not...

I've been wanting to make a camera strap for my sister (the awesome photographer) for quite some time like those of Adrienne and Jade. For whatever reason though, I just couldn't imagine cutting up the strap that came with the camera. Plus, I wanted this to be a surprise so I couldn't exactly steal her camera strap...I mean she uses it every day. So, after studying my own camera strap I figured there must be some way I could make it all on my own. After a trip to JoAnn's, I figured I had all the supplies to give it a try. Now, like I said, I've been wanting to do this for a while. My trip to JoAnn's was back in July. So, it was quite comical last night when I decided to actually sit down and figure this out. I couldn't find the pleather (fake leather - vinyl stuff) I had purchased. After much whining and searching ("DH have you seen my pleather?" - ask your husband that...it gets quite a reaction), I found it and settled in. The result...


Not to shabby. I used buckle fasteners so that the straps that attach to the camera are fixed in place and the strap itself can be removed and exchanged. It is much easier to remove the camera from the strap with this setup than the strap that came with my camera. Now...I'm addicted. I feel like I need to make 2 -3 more different straps so she can interchange them based on mood. Or maybe holiday ones. Ooo, the possibilities. Now, I gotta make one for myself too...so I can't exactly mark it off my to-sew list just yet.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Awesome...congrats on the babies too! :)

Adrienne said...

What a great idea ... kinda like pocket books ... oh boy ... gotta add this to the list too.