Monday, June 30, 2008

Life's little pleasures.


Sorry for the unexpected absence.
I just got caught up in living life. It is summer and one must enjoy! :)
So let me introduce you to the fern on my back porch. There is a reason it looks so shabby lately (see the brown leaves that need to be removed)...

Take a closer look...

A little closer now...

Amazing, huh?

So, I almost broke my leg while teetering on my ladderback kitchen chairs (not the most stable of all chairs) to get this close picture without touching or getting too close to the fern. I don't want mamma bird to abandon this sweet little nest she has made so close to my own nest.
Needless to say, we won't be working to make this fern look any better any time soon.
I'll keep you updated on this new little family.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

How sweet! My stepmother was watering her ferns (at their mountain house)and a BIG FAT SNAKE jumped out at her - she screamed so loud her neighbors came running! No nice pictures from that event! ha!