Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I love this trim.

My mom picked up this lot of beautiful vintage trim a couple of weeks ago while visiting family (thanks Mom! ...she's always thinking about me and my crazy love for vintage sewing notions). I especially LOVE the red one with the edelweiss.

So I decided to pair it with some linen I had on hand to make this Heidi Headband. This is a BTRS pattern with my own modification for the back closure. The pattern says to use twill tape and sew it to both ends so that you tie it on. I decided to make it easier and just use a cut up Goody's elastic headband piece to connect the two ends so it can just slip on/off. The result - the perfect accessory for my green scrubs and it keeps my hair out of my face all day without the "headband headache" when I come home!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

What great trim and a perfect headband!

Shannon said...

That trim is gorgeous. The red one is just like the first ribbon I picked out for my daughter's DAFO, too. LOVE IT!

Emily Cole said...

I have some great vintage trim from my best friend's grandma's house and didn't have a clue what to do with it... hmm... custom headbands may be in my (or my daughter's)future!