Friday, December 19, 2008

More bed rest...

First of all...thank you all for your well wishes, thoughts, prayers and encouraging comments in my last post. You all are truly awesome!!! I can't express what your comments mean to me.


Unfortunately though I'm back in the bed. This past week I did take it easy but I was still working my 14 hour night shifts. The first half of the week went very well...slow and steady. However, the past two nights it all broke loose. We were slammed. So after I finished my third c-section in a row last night (one of which was an emergency) I noticed my back was hurting more than the typical being on my feet all night aches. Then there was the pelvic pressure. I can honestly say I did contemplate going back to the call room and lying down and assuring myself it would all be okay (doctors truly are the WORST patients). However, I knew something was wrong and I knew I had two little babes to look after. So, I marched myself over to triage and told the nurses they had a new patient - me. The outcome - I was contracting every 2 minutes. So now it's back to bed for me with tocolytics to stop contractions and steroids for my babes to help mature their lungs. Needless to say, 24 1/2 weeks is still way to early...so we need your prayers more than ever. We want to buy as much time as possible before their birth!


Since I will be in bed (thank goodness for wireless internet) a lot in the future, I will be able to blog more (keep on the sunny side, right?). However, unless DH will help (as I am sure he will) most of my posts may be kinda pictureless. Sorry. This little blog may take a little turn also during this time. Since I, The Stitching Surgeon, will temorarily just be a baby incubator there will be no stitching and no surgery unless something drastic changes. Since I can't climb the stairs to my sewing studio my sewing projects will be on hold (unless they can be sewn by hand). I do have some knitting up my sleeve, plan to read some books and perhaps I will even search the web for some other kind of new craft I can teach myself while I am in bed (true knitting with knitting needles and not a loom like I do or something like that...) Anyone have any ideas???

5 comments:

Morgan said...

knit or crochet some little hats for your babies! Have you started your baby book yet? Applique' (sewing by hand) is fun too.

willywagtail said...

Since you probably won't be able to buy handmade softies soon how about fiddling with some material and making them their own softies. Cherrie

MON said...

You definitely will be in my prayers. Take a good care of yourself.

Merry Christmas from Mexico
Mon

Adrienne said...

Oh no ~ prayers and hugs.

I would try knitting and or crochet. Tons of web sites to 'show' you (you tube has a bunch too) that would be helpful.

Unknown said...

Have you ever embroidered?

You could order some iron kits from sublime stitching and stitch them up on some onesies. Plus with the time on your hands you could learn a whole bunch of different stitches.