Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Fun Thursday Night





Our nephew, R, came over to spend the evening at our house while he is in town visiting his grandparents (DH's parents). We had so much fun! First of all, when R arrived I was working on one of the projects on my to-sew list (not quite done yet and since I am on call tomorrow it will have to be finished & posted on Saturday) he was very intrigued by my sewing machine. Lots of "oh"s, "cool"s and "you made that out of fabric." I never guessed he would want to try sewing but when I said "You wanna make something?" he was more than eager! I taught him how to used the cutting mat and rotary cutter to cut 2 6x6in squares out of the fabric of his choice. Then I taught him how to use the sewing machine and to stuff his little pillow. I helped with the whipstitch closure but he really did everything else himself (he's only 6!!!) I was so proud. When we finished he said he can't wait to do another project again. Super cool.





I also made a yummy dinner...paninis (my recipe...how did I live without a panini maker...i heart it) and homemade stoup (thicker than soup, thinner than stew) from a recipe out of Everyday with Rachael Ray. Yum-O.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

That is so funny! Henry just loves to help me push the buttons on my machine - who knew?!

bettyninja said...

Making something from fabric still amazes me too! That is great that he made a little project and the panini's really do look good.

Adrienne said...

Forgot to tell you - I did use insulbrite on the oven mitt...