Monday, January 7, 2008

Only one bites the dust...

Every year we loose a few. This year I thought things were going so well...I hadn't lost a single ornament until today. While taking down our tree (and all things Christmas-y) this one escaped somewhere between the tree, my hand and the ornament box. Oh well, DH says we need all new bulbs next year because ours are starting to fade/loose color in spots. Has anyone else had this problem?

So, I can't get 2008 Christmas ideas out of my head now. I know! It is WAAAY too early to think about all of this but it might take me that long to get them all done. The one at the front of my mind is this: why replace the Christmas bulbs? I could make ornaments. One inspiration I cannot stop thinking of these little hanging babushka dolls on rosehip blog. I want, I want, I want. Making ornaments could be broken down into something cute like this...make a new ornament each month so by December - a set of 12 new ornaments! Each ornament could be introduced to the tree on each of the 12 days of Christmas! ooo...it could be a blog challenge! Anyone want to participate and blog an ornament of the month? Let me know and then I could iron out the details and post them here on the blog. Leave your comments!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: