Tuesday, May 12, 2009

update


Thank you all so much for your comments on my last post. I have given it much thought and I'm just not ready to share my little ones here...I may never be ready...we will see.

Things in my life are CRAZY right now. I went back to work last week and already have a big presentation pending (will give it tomorrow) and TONS of cases in the OR. I am exhausted when I come home only to work an even harder job (being a mom) than my profession. One of the medical students said "Oh, well at least you are used to being up all night from all those years of taking call." I thought about that a lot and this is my reply: It is TOTALLY different. At least with call after a terrible-up-all-night kind of night you know that you can come home and forget about it and sleep all day (or at least I used to). With my babies there is never a time when I am not on call.

I now have an even deeper appreciation for my mother and ALL mothers out there...Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of you!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

willywagtail said...

No need to post photos. It is just nice to know they are OK even if their Mom is not!

Stacey said...

You are so right! The hardest and best job in the hole world. I hope things get easier and more routine for you and your babies in the near future.

Please find some time to yourself, speaking from experience, it can make or break you! :)

Your doing awesome...Happy Fisrt Mommies Day!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Holy crap, you are back at work already? Poor you. I'm going back next and it will be tough - after a year! Thank-you Government of Canada.

Radioactive Tori said...

I was just saying this to someone...moms never get a day off. I wouldn't trade it for anything but maybe an hour of not being responsible would be nice once in a while.

Adrienne said...

It's the hardest job I've ever done. Ever. You really are on call 24 hrs a day no matter how helpful hubbie is.

I hope things will settle down and become more routine for you. There will always be bumps but hopefully bumps with a little quite in between (and sleep!).

Sarah said...

You popped into my head today. It's been quiet here understandably. I know you are celebrating both a first father's day and your first without your dad. Praying for peace for you today. I hope the transitionto motherhood is going well.