Sunday, December 16, 2007

Welcome!

So...

My grandmother taught me how to sew when I was about 9 years old. My first sewing lesson was a 9-patch quilt for Barbie's bedroom. Then we made pillows...attemped Barbie clothes...more 9-patch items...pincushions...you name it. Quilts & sewing have always been in my life. Both of my grandmothers sewed...my mom sewed...so it was natural that I would enjoy sewing. However, after all the cool stuff I made for Barbie...the sewing kinda stopped.

Then...I inherited my grandmother's sewing machine after she passed away. When I sat down at her machine again it felt as if it were the first time. My sewing passion...or addiction...returned.

So today I am now a Stiching Surgeon. Literally.

I try to do a little sewing daily and I plan to share that with you here.

So visit again...see what is to come.

No comments: